Simcoe® Brand YCR 14
Sensory notes: passion fruit, pine, earthy, citrus
In 2000, SBG released the SIMCOE® Brand YCR 14 hop, which is an aroma brand known for its versatility and unique characteristics. SIMCOE® brand hops boast several different aromas, including passion fruit, pine, earthy, and citrus, and also has strong bittering qualities. It is used extensively in both craft and home brewing.
For more information on purchasing Simcoe® Brand YCR 14 please contact Yakima Chief-Hopunion, LLC.
- Yield (lbs per acre): 1600-1800
- Alpha Acids: 12-14%
- Beta Acids: 4-5%
- Alpha-Beta Ratio: 2.8
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids): 15-20%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops): 2.0-2.5
- Myrcene (as % of total oils): 60-65%
- Caryophyllene (as % of total oils): 5-8%
- Humulene (as % of total oils): 10-15%
- Farnesene (as % of total oils): 0%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C): Good (above average %)